As this class first began, I thought "oh no this is going to be embarrassing." I'm not the most interesting writer or nor did I think I had great ideas. When asked to write our own pieces I didn't know what was needed to be or should be discovered. How do I get in touch with my creative side, did I even have one of those sides? I did. It wasn't till near the end of the class I knew what to put down on that pretty blank sheet of white paper.
Creative Writing class has made me think outside the box. When writing the same meaning from another person piece came really easy too me. I think it was because the idea was already in front of me. But, when it came to my own writing I had a writers block. I didn't know what I wanted to put down, or how to put it down. Yet, thats where the reading took place in the class that had really helped me out.
A book we were reading in class was the Goldberg piece that had really inspired me. She made references from everyday life relate to writing. From baking a cake, to obsessions. Writing consist of so many different forms of writing like this. Writing down memories, and experiences is a great way to speak to others. They understand that more, since they may have as well. This class has opened my eyes to these things. I just realized this at the end of the class. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment