Was a piece that just sort of kept telling you how to write. It tells you what sorts of things are needed in your writing "arouse and hold the attention of your reader". This being said is the biggest thing in my writing I'm trying to withhold. I for some odd reason just keep on loosing my readers. "Great writers are effective...because they deal with particulars and details that matter. I am always putting in details that are non important in my writing. Perhaps thats why my readers tend to lose interest.
Details are very important. They tell how you want one to feel about a certain subject like how Burroway stated "a handsome young man of 22 was 6 foot and had medium blond hair which set off the blue of his intense long eye lashes" I believed what was trying to go about here was focus on details. how you describe someone gives a great ideal of what they look like in your mind. They way you say things means everything to the reader.
"On his heels with excitement" I loved this line from the text. This really showed me how you could use little detail of being on his heels could be excitement. I could relate that to a little kid. I usually just tell someone in my writing they were excited or something I couldnt really show it as well as Burroway. "The same words can be said in a different view" this was said because everthing can be said in a different mood. And thats what gives a story that certain bounce to keep reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment